Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lena Dunham is my new Idol

Not only is she flipping gorgeous in a simultaneously nonconventional and classic way but she's hilarious and talented and a flawless writer and perfect and- ok, I should stop now. My girl crush is showing.



She has my DREAM life. But actually. In college she studied creative writing (similar to what I'm studying, which is English), she then proceeded to write an award-winning screenplay for a film titled "Tiny Furniture" (oh ok, already a winner after one go- casual), and then created the new HBO show "Girls"- which is my jam right about now. Literally the perfect life.

As for her show, it is so ridiculously real and candid; it's not afraid to be controversial. It shows what relationships are really like, none of that fairytale bullshit, and shows how people are far from perfect but how they can still be wonderful, beautiful, and loved while being so imperfect. Past its comedic surface, the show is really inspiring and empowering for women. After every episode I feel my spirits lifting as I empathize with the characters and their crazy antics and mess ups. I feel a little less bad about all the times I've screwed up with boys and friends and just life in general and it makes me much more optimistic, in a realistic way (if that makes any sense), about the future. It's a show about Girls, for Girls, showing the idiosyncrasies of how our brains work (guys, watch and take note).


If you haven't already been following it, please FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD go and do yourself a favor and watch it! It's only a season and two episodes in so there are no excuses!

And if you don't believe this stranger behind the keyboard, the show just recently won two Golden Globe Awards.

Those people know what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment