Friday, January 25, 2013

MAC & Sephora Haul


As I get ready to head back to my university soon, I decided I should stock up on everyday make-up necessities (and a few not-so-necessary items, because who can resist?). So I took my sister, also known as my personal make-up guru, on a MAC and Sephora shopping semi-spree. 

We started off in Sephora, which is like a magical candy store. All of the things in there are so wonderful that you wouldn't mind drowning in debt if that's what it took to buy all of them. Yet, we were there with a purpose-- and a list. 


I started off with a nice surprise: a complimentary lip balm pack for my birthday! It comes with a regular and tinted lip balm. I would have shown the tint of the red one, except it was so faint that it barely showed on camera. Even though the color isn't strong both of the balms go on super smoothly and make your lips feel great. Plus they taste minty AND sweet. 

Who doesn't like good tasting lip stuff? 

Nobody.



The first thing I actually bought was the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska (or Light 2).  Especially since I just recently started breaking out a lot more, I was looking for something I could put on my face daily as a nice base that wasn't as heavy as foundation. I heard a lot about BB creams and this cream does very similar things. It's main purpose is to moisturize, which is perfect for me as my university is in freezing temperatures (which produces very dry weather), but it also creates a very smooth base coat with an added bonus of SPF 30. It goes on really nicely and once you've put it on you don't even feel it. I highly recommend it!                                                                                                    


           


Next I thought I would compliment my new base with a highlighter (which I had been dying to get). I went with the High Beam highlighter from Benefit cosmetics. What caught my attention was how it looked like a nail polish! It went on perfectly and blended in really well while still leaving a shimmery residue which I really liked. 



I'm a sucker for eye make-up. Liquid eyeliner is my staple and I had just run out so I bought Sephora's brand of eyeliner. It's great quality, very bright and goes on smoothly. I also decided to get a brown stick eyeliner (also from Sephora) so I could wear that from day to day- remember my main purpose on this beauty haul was to get my set of daily make-up essentials. Again, the color was very deep and went  on great. 




I LOVE blush!! If I could only wear two things for the rest of my life it would be my liquid eyeliner and blush. I got this one at MAC, it's called "Gleeful"and it's lovely. I took two pictures in different lighting so that you could see the different shades. I really like this because it has undertones of orange and gold. I especially love blushes that have gold shimmer because they have a bit of a bronzing effect as well, and that's always a good thing!




Lastly, I purchased what I honestly believe to be the holy trinity of lipsticks from MAC. In descending order they're called "Fan Fare", "Media", and "Russian Red". Fan Fare is one I plan on using for day-to-day. It's a peachy pink that isn't too light; instead it has just the right amount of pigmentation for a really natural finish. Media is a-mazing. I'm obsessed with plum/bitten/wine/vino/however you want to call it shades: dark purple, basically. It's one of my favorite colors to wear on my lips and I can't wait to put it on for a party or dinner. The last one was an impulse buy. My sister was looking for something to buy in MAC for under $20 (the cash she had on her) and of course she went straight to the lipstick station. Searching through some of our favorite beauty blogs we saw the Russian Red lipstick mentioned and I was able to pick it out just by looking at the colors of the lipsticks. I felt like SUCH a pro. When we asked for it they said they only had two left. We looked at each other and knew. This purchase was meant to be. And so that is the story behind the crazily bold Russian Red lipstick that now has a special place in my make-up bag. I recommend everyone leave a space for it, it's too crazy and sexy and awesome not to. 


My final purchase wasn't actually make-up, instead it was a new bottle of my signature scent. I've been wearing "Envy Me" by Gucci for two or three years now. It smells SO. GOOD. I've been recognized by this scent already by all of my friends and people have literally felt me coming from feet away because of how good this perfume smells. It's light, not fruity, and very girly. My only complaint is that I wish it had one of those crazy cool and complex bottles.


Well this post was much longer than expected. Oh well, totally worth it. I got some really great stuff. Hope you enjoyed! Let me know if any of you have gotten some good daily make-up recently!

xx
Camila

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment!
    I love the colors of the MAC lipsticks here.

    xx, A!
    glimpsesofa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woahhh, that mac blush is so pigmented! The MAC lipsticks you picked up look incredible, I particularly like "media" :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so surprised by it! And "media" is my favorite too. Thanks for checking out my blog! I really like your content as well :)

      Delete
  3. Wow i love this blog! :)

    please take a look at my first blog post EVER! feel free to comment, give constructive criticism and give me some ideas for upcoming blog posts :)

    www.sheheartsfashiontoday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. that blush looks gorgeous :) and i absolutely adore russian red and media, they're to of my favourite MAC lipsticks :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!

    burgundybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats such a great haul!
    im loving you lippy choices

    im your newest follower
    find me at..
    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete